START A DISCUSSION

Challenge Questions

Hello, Am I supposed to compete on the machine in my shop or the SCM machine?

Hello, 

Thank you for reaching out! 

You can either compete on the machine in your shop which can be any brand or model and submit your time. If you have your own X series, submit on your X series machine. If you do not own an X series yet, you can still compete on the X series machine at one of our events. Please register for one of the events at http://nextingchallenge.com/nextingtour/

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Thank you!

I am interested in the Nexting Challenge. 1. What does the video need to show? 2. What do the photos need to be of exactly? 3. Are we trying to make the most efficient nest here? Thank you!! 

We would like the video to show the nested pattern being machined from start to finish. This accomplishes the goals of allowing us to see the machine being used and verifying the time being submitted. 

For photos we would like to see at least one photo of the finished sheet as well as a close-up of the finished edge to verify quality. Additionally a photo of the tools used would be helpful. 

The challenge has been set up in such a way as to eliminate as many roadblocks as possible for participants. If you would prefer to attempt a more efficient nested program and allow us to run it on our Morbidelli X200/X400 machines we can certainly facilitate that for you! If this is the case we will record the video and photos for submission. We are also taking submissions from participants who are using our nested program on the machines that they have available in their shops. 

We are excited for your interest in our challenge! Good luck, if there are any additional questions please don't hesitate to reach out!

I will be participating on the Pratix S. What is the main factor in deciding who’s nest is best?

Thanks.

Quote from Guest on March 4, 2020, 8:01 AM

I will be participating on the Pratix S. What is the main factor in deciding who’s nest is best?

Thanks.

First of all, We're glad to hear that you are excited about participating in the event! 

The primary judgment will be based on speed (because we claim we have the fastest machine on the market!). Keep in mind it is possible to have a disqualification for poor quality of cut or violation of the general rules (non-industry standard tooling, no mechanical fixturing, etc.). Example: You might be able to cut at 3000 inches/min but if the small parts end up on Mars that doesn't do us a whole lot of good! In addition to attempting the challenge on your own equipment we also encourage participants to program the nest on your own software and let us run it on our x200/x400 machines! Trust me when we say that we won't mind if a participant finds a way for our machine to go even faster than we thought! Let us know if this is an avenue you'd also like to explore! 

Good luck with your submission! Please let us know if you have any  additional questions!

SHARE THIS FORUM